Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Interning @ Pilgrim USA

Monday marked the beginning of a 6+ month internship with Pilgrim. I was originally interning with the Agathos Foundation, but there is talk of a merger so they thought it best for me to work with Pilgrim earlier than Spring quarter. We went through training that involved a very in-depth bank reconciliation, a video on Pilgrim's work in Uganda (see below), and putting together a duties/goals list for the quarter. I'm really excited to use international networks that will allow me to work with Pilgrim Uganda's accounting systems in Kampala and Soroti. We'll be working to refine the systems they have in place. It definitely challenges me to understand accounting on a deeper and more practical level what I'd get in a normal class setting.

Here's the video we watched during training; I think it's a few minutes shorter than what we watched, but you'll get the jist of it:




That's all for tonight. I'll try to update more often; things are busy on my end with four classes, extracurriculars, internship, and my weekend job. Take care!

Jessica K. Nguyen
Junior - Accounting
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington, Seattle
accountantforAfrica.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment