Saturday, January 3, 2009

Compartmentalizing

Upon realizing that my other blog is to be focused on the kids in Africa I'm trying to help, I came across the problem of no longer having an outlet through which to update friends, family, and whoever else might care, of my whereabouts.

And so, this blog will be about me and my journey through college and life and a hopeful career in nonprofit accounting.

This winter I'll be interning with the Agathos Foundation, working to refine its accounting procedures and then present it to the Board of Directors for approval. This should be a fun, challenging project that will really stretch my knowledge and skills. It will be really neat to put the things I'm learning into practice and to see how it directly affects organizations.

Also, this quarter I am working on zeroing in on a few things, instead of trying to stretch myself beyond what I'm capable of. Ergo, it looks like I'll be stepping aside my role as a Beta Alpha Psi candidate/member so I can focus on schoolwork and my internship. I've also started the first phase of planning fundraising activities so I can go to Africa for 8 weeks this summer and help refugees in Uganda and orphans in South Africa.

Will update more later.

Jessica K. Nguyen
Junior - Accounting
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington, Seattle
accountantforAfrica.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment